Intoxicating

I'm afraid to breathe for the scent of you still lingers,
the very air refusing to disturb the memory of your presence.
With each breath the taste of you fills my mouth to over flowing
coupled with a physical longing beyond all reason.
Intoxicating.

Your lips and tongue touch mine, velvet like, soft and yielding
sending shock waves throughout every fiber of my being.
Your arms embrace me and I surrender to that moment
like an addict losing them self to their next fix, willingly.
Intoxicating.

In moments of distraction a yearning overwhelms me
and in my mind a picture of you is perfectly formed, smiling.
The look in your eye beckons, reassuring and inviting,
A journey into the unknown and yet somehow strangely familiar.
Intoxicating.

Completely Intoxicating!





Copyright © Barry Smyth, all rights reserved